Wednesday, 26 August 2009

What to pack for a trip around the world?

Packing for a trip around the world takes some consideration. In this list I've included items that I normally travel with and then some that I've never had on me before, like a fleece (I caved in) and a laptop.
    Clothing
      • 1 fleece
      • 1 wind stopper jacket and pants for hiking
      • 7 t-shirts
      • 2 pairs of shorts
      • 2 skirts
      • 1 pair of jeans
      • 1 hoodie
      • 1 pair of pyjamas (Best for dormitories)
      • Underwear: 8 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of bras, 1 sports bra + thermal shirt and bottoms
      • 5 pairs of socks
      • 1 pair of bikinis
      • 1 belt
        Shoes
          • Hiking boots
          • Hiking sandals (Boots and sandals? Am I mad?)
          • 1 pair of decent shoes (I am)
          • Flip flops (Yeah!)
            Other
            • Light weight sleeping bag
            • Light weight towel
            • Torch
            • Mosquito net
            • Camera+extra batteries +3 memory cards
            • Battery charger
            • Samsung NC 10 laptop
            • i-Pod Classic and 120 gigabytes of music
            • Phone (Why am I doing this to myself?)
            • Watch with an alarm
            • Hand gel
            • Passport + copies
            • Printed flight tickets (Just in case)
            • 2 credit cards
            • Money belt
            • Tiny wallet for change
              Medication
                • 5 packs of antibiotics of 3 sorts
                • Sweet old Lariam for malaria
                • Contraceptive pills for a year
                • Pain killers (And I mean loads of)
                • Imodium
                • Antibacterial cream
                • Plasters for blisters
                Books
                  • Charles Frazer: Cold Mountain
                  • Joyce Carol Oates: We were the Mulvaneys
                  • Footprints India (I'll buy a used Lonely Planet guide in Delhi.)
                  • Notebook/diary
                  Toiletries
                  • Make up: a mascara and a powder
                  • Shampoo bar from Lush (Incredibly light weight! Amazing product!)
                  • Conditioner
                  • Tooth brush + paste
                  • Soap
                  • Day in, day out facial cream (Screw wrinkles!)
                  • Sun lotion
                  • Hair bands (Loads of)
                  • Tweezers
                  • Razor and waxing strips
                  • Small scissors
                    Approximate weight of luggage: 17 kilos

                    Backpack: Osprey Waypoint women's, 70+10 liters

                    No comments: