Tuesday, 20 October 2009

How to make the best momo soup in the world - recipe!

I sneaked in to the kitchen of Tenzin Dickey Tibetan in Leh to see how they make their potato and cheese momo soup for which they ought to be world famous and millionaires. And this is how it's how it's done. Teenage son chops veggies. Mom makes momos of course and then dad cooks them.

Momos

Mix water and wheat flour to make a dry dough. Use one cup of water for 250 grsms of wheat flour.
Flatten it very thin. Use a glass to cut little round thingies.
Fill the rounds with mashed boiled potato and Indian cheese.
Mom uses her nails to foil them into nice neat momos.


Broth
Chop veggies small. Tomato, spinach, cabbage, carrot.
Spice it up with fresh garlic, soy souce and fresh ginger.
Add a reasonable amount of water.
Bring to boil. Add the momos and boil for five minutes.
If the soup needs more kick you can add some chili souce.

3 comments:

Jess said...

This blog is amazing! Keep em'coming!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I try. At the moment I haven't been able to give this blog my best (I have another in Finnish and that baby has been taking all my time) but I'll pick this one up within two weeks. Promise!

Anonymous said...

Hello!!!
Thats really good!!!!
Sounds yummy!!!!!!!
Kanyakumari Hotel