Monday, 10 August 2009

Traveling on the Google Analytics map

As this blog is about to get its 1000th visit after being on the Google Analytics tracker for two weeks I thought I'd do a geographical analysis of where the readers are from. It's almost travel blogging, which I will begin exactly 4 weeks from now.

1. My favorite reader
My favorite reader hails from Roukalahti. Never heard of Roukalahti? Me neither, so I did a Google search on Roukalahti and found out that it's a small township in Liperi, Joensuu, Eastern Finland. This wonderful and tasteful person has checked this blog quite a few times by now and has usually spent some time here as well. Who ever you are, I love you. Unless you're an ex. If you are, you are just pathetic. (And should you be pedantic, I should add that this info is actually from Sitemeter. Roukalahti is apparently too small to appear in Google Analytics.)

2. Geographical overlay
This blog has been accessed from a whopping 49 countries, Finland unsurprisingly being the focal point. After Finland come the US, the UK, Oz, Philippines, Germany, Ireland (Cheers Dara!), Canada, Sweden and as 10th India, from where this blog has had 9 visits
.

3. Surprise readers
Out of these 49 the blog has had one single visit from 19 countries. Among these visits there's one from Colombia which lasted an amazing 18 minutes and 40 seconds and consisted of 9 page views.

4. Readers in Finland
On a more detailed note, this blog has been visited from 46 towns in Finland, with the highest concentration of visits in Helsinki. Now that's hardly any news as I've forced all my friends to click here. But why on earth has Pori taken a second place? I so hope Ässät gets a super team together for the upcoming season.

5. Readers by cities
All in all this blog has had a visit from 257 cities, the most peculiar ones being Enkhuizen, Uijongbu, Givatayim, Lake Montezuma and Beverly Hills.

1 comment:

chinks said...

hey travelling around the world. dats my dream too.keep going!!! ;)